Welcome to TVFILMCONATHON, brought to you by HEYJERSEY. This community is the sister community to celebiconathon, I created it because I wanted to do movies and shows but I wanted to keep the other one just celebrities. If you are not familiar with what an iconathon is, it is in some ways similar to a LIMS contest, but it does have its differences. In an iconathon, no one is eliminated for their icons or not entering; instead, you receive points based on your icons.
For every challenge, there will be rounds within it. During each round, you will be given images of a celebrity which you need to make an icon for. Every challenge will only have TEN rounds.
Layout codes by refuted
Profile codes by refuted
Community graphics by heyjersey
01. In order to participate, your username must be on the participant's list. To sign up, go to the sign-up post (can be found through tags).
02. Any icon you submit must meet LiveJournal's requirements—100x100 or less; 40KB or less; JPEG, PNG, GIF.
03. All icons must be new, no pre-made icons can be submitted. If I find out you have, I'll give you a warning and a chance to resubmit, if you don't I will not enter the icon. If you do it again, you will be disqualified.
04. Do not post your icon anywhere until the results for that round have been posted. After results are posted, feel free to do what you want with it.
05. Please do not have anyone vote for your icon nor should you vote for yourself—we don't need any cheaters here!
06. When you submit your icon, please comment to the round post with both the IMG SRC and URL links.
07. When I go to post the results, I will tally up the votes and you will be given a point update.
08. When you sign up, please comment with your favorite movie AND tv show somewhere so I know you've read and understood the rules.
Here is how the points will work, and I hope I've set them up in a fair way (if it turns out to be unfair, I will fix it immediately).
» You will receive ONE point for signing up.
» You will receive ONE point for every round that you enter. If you do not enter a round, you will receive a 'negative one' point for that round.
» You will receive THREE points for every place you've promoted (up to three places).
When you vote, there will be one poll where you vote for first, second, and third place as well as best coloring, best crop, and most unique. Please make sure you base it on the best quality or according to what fits the category best, NOT what you like best.
» You will be awarded a certain amount of points depending on what place it was voted for: 3pts = third place, 4 pts = second place, 5 pts = first place.
Should there be a tie for 1st, 2nd, or 3rd, I will post a poll for you to vote for the winner and:
» Each vote will count as ONE point towards your total score that particular round.
MONDAY: Challenge is put up. (It may be put up Sunday)
TUESDAY: Challenge continues...
WEDNESDAY: Challenge continues...
THURSDAY: Challenge continues...
FRIDAY: Challenge ends. Voting is put up.
SATURDAY: Voting continues.
SUNDAY: Voting ends. Winners are announced.
**Keep in mind that I have a life and that comes first. I try to be on time with everything, but it doesn't always work that way, so if you don't like it, then don't participate.